|The third Canyon Hotel was designed by Robert Reamer,
architect of the Old Faithful Inn, the North Entrance Arch,
Lake Lodge, and renovations at the hotels at Lake and
Mammoth. The Canyon Hotel was built in the winter of
1910-1911, adding to the previous structure, which was
built in 1886. This Haynes linen-era postcard, postmarked
1950, shows the impressive lounge. In contrast to the
rustic style of the Old Faithful Inn, Canyon Hotel reflected
the arts and crafts style, popular at the time of its
The hotel was abandoned in 1959 to make way for the
new Canyon Village, and burned under somewhat
mysterious circumstances in August 1960.
This postcard was addressed to the nurses of an Oneonta,
New York hospital.