Leaving "Old Faithful Inn" Yellowstone Park
This lively postcard, entitled "Leaving 'Old Faithful Inn'  Yellowstone Park" was made in Germany by Matteson Postcards, and
was postmarked 1909. It
shows the original log structure much as it looked not long after completion in 1904. The east and
west wings had not yet been added, nor had the extension been added to the front portico. The entire log structure shown in
this postcard comproses what is now sometimes called the "Old House" part of the Inn.
RETURN TO INN HISTORY PAGE 1
RETURN TO MAIN
PAGE